Part I
- Burnt out
- Overwhelmed
- Motivation and spark lose
- "I-don't-care-itis"
- "Too much to do Blues"
If you have the cure of any of these, please let me know. I have procrastinated and been on facebook way too much within the last couple of hours. But if you tell me that I can go running, I would be out the door before you could say, "later."
The word of the day (maybe even the semester): shambles.
Part II
The reason for the parts is because I decided to go back and actually sit down and write my blog for the week. It felt like this week was just extremely off because we keep having snow days. There is talk about more snow this weekend and if we do get it, it's the 'big one.' I almost don't believe it because it's Radford. Radford for has the weirdest weather because of the annoying, yet gorgeous mountains. Sorry to be so negative, but we've missed two days of school for rain.
Anyway, today was even more off because it was a teacher work day so I spent my time at the school cutting and stapling paper. Needless to say, that was a lot of thinking time for me, which is what I needed. The other thing is that I did the 'afternoon meeting' and I royally messed that up! I was so nervous and completely clueless. I knew what I was doing and then it all just left me right as she told the class that I was going to do that portion of class. Strike number two with the kids and being nervous. I love what my teacher did say to me..."I promise you that you are smart than them and that they wouldn't know if you made a mistake."
The cutest thing that I witnessed this week was 'silent clapping.' My roommate said it defeats the purpose of clapping, which is true, but when it's great in an open classroom setting. To explain, you would make the motion of clapping, but you refrain from having your hands come together. It's almost like fluffing the air between your hands. The kids were doing this because a first grader came to practice reading aloud to an audience.
I will silently clap if the weathermen in Virginia are right about the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment